Variations on a Theme


Variations on a Theme



I am a liar, I am a cheat, I am a thief,

And I daily plot murder and rape and pillage and mayhem,

But I am only a hypocrite when bored out of my mind, and just can’t help my Self.


I am a liar, I am a cheat, I am a thief,

And I daily plot murder and rape and pillage and mayhem,
But I ain’t no gol-durned hypocrite, unless of course, the truth don’t bear telling.


I am a liar, I am a cheat, I am a thief, and I plot murder and mayhem daily.
But I am only a hypocrite when given moments of vanity force my hand.


I may be a liar, I may be a cheat, I may be a thief,

And I may daily conspire every variety of murder and mayhem,

But at least I ain’t no Jesus-loving-god-forsaken-double-dealing hypocrite.


I am a liar, I am a cheat, I am a thief, and I plot murder and mayhem daily.

That said, hypocrisy and pretentiousness are not strangers at the table, either.


I am a liar, a cheat, a thief, and daily plot murder and mayhem

Between bouts of excessive debauchery and inordinate treachery.

But at least I am not a hypocrite more often than vain notion calls.


I am a liar, a cheat, a thief, and plot murder and mayhem daily.

And whatever that does not deal with makes me a hypocrite, too.


How many worship some imaginary deity, praying for blessings, for forgiveness,

And then spend every other moment possible in one pursuit or another,

Lying, cheating, thieving, even plotting murder and mayhem,

Never discerning their hypocrisy and self-deceit.


You are a liar, a cheat, a thief, and daily plot murder and mayhem

Between stretches of excessive debauchery and inordinate treachery.

But at least you are not a hypocrite, more often than vain notion calls.


Do not even for a second believe that I did not more than a few times play the demon.

I am a liar, a cheat, a thief, and plot murder and mayhem daily.

And I am guardian serving and protecting all.

I am consciousness,

Every facet unfurled as the given time called.



Breadcrumbs 2015